Friday, November 12, 2010

Making the Leap: Crossing Borders at A.I.R. Gallery


I am very excited about the upcoming Making the Leap: Crossing Borders at A.I.R. Gallery which I am the guest curator/juror for. The exhibition features the work of 14 Asian-American women Immigrant artists who confront issues of identity, separation from the familiar, and deviation from conservative social structures and gender roles with diverse perspectives and methods. It will be exciting to see the show come together with a whole group of fresh faces at a gallery with such a rich history of support for women artists. The show opens December 1st, with a reception from 6-8 p.m. on December 2nd and runs through January 2nd. A.I.R. Gallery is located at 111 Front Street, Studio#228 in the D.U.M.B.O. section of Brooklyn. Image: Photograph by Yijun Liao.

No comments:

Post a Comment