Monday, February 1, 2010

Jean Shin, Calvin Klein and L.A.N.D.


Jean Shin's installation of pattern cut-outs paired with actual Calvin Klein designs for the Spring Collection was presented by Calvin Klein and the Los Angeles Nomadic Division (L.A.N.D.). The collaboration coincided with L.A.’s arts month and the Art Los Angeles Contemporary. (ALAC). I've had the pleasure of working with Jean on an exhibition that I curated in 2004 and I've been following her work since I accidently discovered, Umbrellas Stripped Bare while riding my bicycle at Long Island University in Brooklyn in 2001. Her installations always enchant me. She has a great knack for taking all the things that are discarded in the world and recycling them into a fascinating study of consumerism.

No comments:

Post a Comment